Latest messages

803 topics, 2552 messages Feed-icon
General » Job search is difficult!
Hola, como estas? I have a few contacts for Buenos Aires and possibly some for San Juan and Cordoba. Email me and I can send them to you. Let me know where you would like and I can maybe get a list for you. Hasta Pronto, Glenn
General » Job agency wanted
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with a good international job agency for Latin American countries
(especially Argentina)?

Thanks
General » Job search is difficult!
I've been searching for a job in Argentina plus other Latin American countries but haven't had much luck.
I'm actually finding it very difficult. Am I the only one? Is it going to get easier later on as their
school year starts in August or March (depending on the country)? I'd like to hear about your
experience because i'm starting to feel a little hopeless.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks
General » new grad/nervous
>
> Hello, I have traveled out of the country several times and loved it, but have never lived in another country. I look forward to the change, however, would prefer to go with someone.
>
> If anyone is interested in trying to "tandem", email me. I prefer to go to a country surrounded by warm ocean waters.
>
> Sincerely,
> Joyce
>
Hello Joyce
I feel the same but Iam going anyway. I want to go to Eastern Europe or Russia but I will hold off. Anyplace tropical like you say Iam for but I think the pay in those places are less, but I dont know everything because Iam new to this. The one I am considering the most is Korea for my first asignment because of free housing and good pay. I need a little bank on the first asignment and experience. I have much experience with youth in subbing and coaching.
Where and when would you plan on going?
Have a nice day
Lonn
General » Is anyone teaching Business English
>
> I am interested in speaking with someone who has had experience in teaching Business English.
> Please email me at cochraneb@shaw.ca
> Thank you.
>
General » SUMMER 2006, China
Check out www.aesincorp.com. That's the parent company. It is American managed and, although not perfect, we are happy at our school.
General » new grad/nervous
Hello, I have traveled out of the country several times and loved it, but have never lived in another country. I look forward to the change, however, would prefer to go with someone.

If anyone is interested in trying to "tandem", email me. I prefer to go to a country surrounded by warm ocean waters.

Sincerely,
Joyce
General » teaching in Poland.
Hello everybody,

I am a new grad of Global TESOL college. I would like to get in touch with someone who is
teaching in Poland or the Middle East.

Thank you very much.
General » Non-native teachers be warned!!!
Hello to all non-native teachers. I found this following message on a website randomly...It's a sad fact for all non-native teachers really.. I'm one of them :(

Hello Friends,

this is not to scare you off but just to draw you attention towards the myopic view of the language institutes in the middle east. I am a fresh celta trained teacher and have scored better than the native speakers on the course.

I was on cloud nine when a reputed language institute called me for an interview, conducted a training and offered me a project. I thought my CELTA training and proficiency in the English language paid off. I was however in for a rude shock, when they called me a day before the course was supposed to start and said if students asked me where I was born and brought up in, I should be say "in the UK"; my "perfect" accent would lead them to believe my story. It felt like selling my soul to the satan, but thinking it was one of the marketing strategies, I reluctantly agreed. I was told no matter how good a non-native speaker was, students wouldnt't want to learn English from a non-native especially an INDIAN!!.

The worst was still to come when a few minutes later I got a call again, saying that the course had been cancelled due to "problems with the students". When I asked the director (the guy who had appointed me), he said he would discuss things with the marketing guy and get back to me!! - which as expected, never happened.

All other institutes in need of English language teachers dont even consider you for an interview if you are not a native, so it makes me wonder whether qualifications to a job are based on one's academic credentials and personality or merely by virtue of the passport you hold!

Good luck to all you out there!!
General » 2 Job Openings in Costa Rica
Hi, I am currently working for a private school in Costa Rica and out school currently has 2 job openings for English Teachers. A 3rd and 4th grade teacher and a 5th and 6th grade teacher. The school is located near the beach (Puntarenas, Costa Rica).
If you are interested please look at this website.
http://www.saintpatrick.ed.cr/filosofia.html
Or contact:
Saint Patrick American School
011-506-663-2505
fax: 011-506-663-3839
e-mail: info@saintpatrick.ed.cr
P.O.Box 68-5400

Jewel Bresson