IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!

6 messages - 4397 views Feed-icon
Hello new graduates and or past graduates, my name is Samantha Wallis and i have taken the Toronto TESOL course with my good friend Jim. AND AM I EVER GLAD I DID!!!
I will tell you a short story, i was in a bad place before the course, i had a career but wanted something new and vibrant. I was also going through a very tough break up with a past lover, and many medical appointments, struggles and surgeries from a previous car accident. I than quit my job (as a Vet Tech-the people were just NOT kind).
So i came across this course online, and i phone the contact info given to me on the Gloabl Tesol website. Jim answered, i was VERY skeptical, and he could sense that i was, so he offered to meet me at a local area in Toronto with two other graduates to talk and have me become less skeptical. AND I DID! Jims kind face and warm honesty was the big seller, not to mention i had met a very cool girl who had just came back from working in china, and SHE LOVED IT!!
So i phoned Jim, paid and took the course. AFTER the in class portion of the course i began searching for a placement, i joined the websites Jim provided in the class and spent many hours having fun sending resumes and learning where to go. With Jims great help and great great patience, he landed me several jobs in China. I had a great time interviewing with the kind people of China, and i was SECONDS to accepting a contract. THAN... Jim and i met for lunch to catch up, we spoke about Europe, and than spoke about a summer position in Italy. He sent out my resume that day, and BOOM two days later i was accepted. (i had to fill out the required documents of course before they REALLY accepted me) BUT I WAS IN! so i kindly declined China, and HAPPILY took on Italy. My adventure is just beginning, i do plan on going to China when my Italy contract is up.
This process (because of my self and scares) took me longer than the average graduate, but with Jim and his WONDERFUL patience, i managed to get the dream i waited for. DONT BE SCARED, be persistent, and GIVE IT A GO!
i spent many months upset about my post accident set backs, the hardest break up of my life, and having to leave the career i loved(but hated). I know have a healthier, more vibrant future ahead of me, and BOY ARE MY FRIENDS JEALOUS. lol Point of this is that no matter how much you doubt your self and no matter the hardships you go through, with a bit of TESOL and a bit of Jim and most importantly a bit of your inner self belief. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!...Good luck everyone, i will update you on my Italy adventures on a later date. Cheers. SAMANTHA
Samantha - beautiful words and a real synopsis of what many go through en route to a better life. Your work was amazing and your willingness to "go for it" surpassed all fears and previous limitations. You are now on your way to Italy in a few weeks with jobs in China lining up for you! You will never look back on previous days but will continue to move forward as you change the lives of students everywhere. I join the rest of the class and as your former instructor congratulate you and hold you as an example of someone who has turned fear into positive energy, passion and leadership - all happened within the five days here at the Toronto training classroom. Well done, my friend - well done!
Thanks for sharing.

Also, Jim really is an amazing man.
Hi Samantha, this is so inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm in China, maybe we can catch up when you are here! :) Good luck with eveything!
Hi Samantha, this is so inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm in China, maybe we can catch up when you are here! :) Good luck with eveything!