Teacher needed in Nepal ASAP!

3 messages - 3346 views Feed-icon
Hello everyone!

This teaching position needs to be filled ASAP! The teacher will have to teach six days a week, but you'll be in NEPAL!!

***A position is still available for a secondary level English teacher ASAP!***

Requirements for Teaching Candidates:
Graduate from High School a must, BA is preferred.
TESOL Certification, minimum 120 hours completed.
Excellent written and spoken skills.

The teacher will be teaching English to Primary/Lower Secondary children age 8 yrs to 14 yrs.
The salary is Rs. 15000/per month with accomodation provided, it is beside the school.
Food is not included.

The name of the school is bal Vidya Mandir, Higher Secondary School Rajhena - 7(Banke)

Your sincerely,
Mr Opendra Bdr Budhathoki (contact name)
Bal Vidya Mandir Higher Secondary
Phno 0097781540279

Please contact Mr. Opendra Budhathoki ASAP!!!

Thank you!!!
Hi Everyone!

I got another email from Mr. Opendra Bdr Budhathoki again today. They still really need a teacher ASAP! Please contact him if you are interested. A great way to start teaching, and move around through Asia! Nepal would be amazing!!!!

He already has another teacher for the school, Global TESOL Trained in New Zealand, so you wouldn't be alone!

Please contact him!!

I know this is an old post but I suggest it is removed from the forum, and that this school is not advertised in future to English Teachers as a potential place to work. I am the New Zealander who worked at this school in 2011. I was meant to stay for a year - my visa was never done, and I never got paid any salary which I was promised in writing before I left NZ. I ended up leaving after 3 months, after being subjected to indecent proposals by the (married) principal of the school and being lied to about when my visa would get done and when I would get paid. On top of that, there was no scheduling of my classes - I was just a substitute teacher to the school, so whenever any teacher was away for the day I was rung at 6am to show up to class in 20 mins, with no time for preparation for teaching students who had either little to no English speaking skills (ranging in age from 5 - 18yrs).

NZ Global Tesol was informed of the problems as they were happening so this news should be circulated to all of Global Tesol.

By the way another teacher from Canada supposedly went to this school the year before me (2010), and I heard through a teacher I trusted at the school that she went through the same problems I ended up facing. If this is true, then it's a shame nothing was ever shared with Global Tesol - which would've saved me wasting my time and money on airfares.

It's not easy to deal with this when you are the only foreigner in a town you are not familiar with, and where only about 4 people you know speak English to a low degree.