How to Complete Your Correspondence Course
Please read the following carefully to learn how to complete your courses by correspondence.
Note: Students who took (or will take) their Foundation Course in-class do not need to access additional Foundation Course materials or exams.
Courses are completed by reading and by following instructions in your hardcopy manual for each course. Please note: please disregard instructions in any manual referring to online assignments. Online assignments are currently not available to Correspondence Students.
You may complete and receive your certificate for any course in one of two ways:
OPTION #1 [Recommended]: Read the manual and use the assignments only to prepare for the Online Final Exam. This option requires that students take only the Final Exam for any course, and do not submit assignments.
OPTION #2: Read the manual and complete all of the required assignments (as explained in the manual). Assignments are either emailed or sent by post to Global TESOL College.
Accessing Your Final Exams (for students who have chosen Option #1 above)
When you have reached the end of the readings and activities for any course, the next step is to set aside some time to take the Online Final Exam to complete your course. Your exam results are received by Global TESOL College within 48 hours and you will be emailed your results and the status of your certificate. Please do not call or email after finishing exams unless you have not been notified by email within 48 hours.
The exams consist of a combination of either multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, or true or false questions. They are timed exams (see individual exams for details).
Please read the following to access any exam:
1. Go to www.globaltesol.com
2. Click on "My Account" and sign in with your password
3. Choose 'My Page'. You will see 'Exam Center' on the right side of the screen.
4. When you are ready to take the exam, click on 'Exam Centre' and the specific exam tab to open it.
5. If you experience a service disruption (e.g. power outage) you need to apply for a re-take session. This can be arranged by contacting Global TESOL College at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The passing mark is 50%, and is calculated from the combined marks of all sections. If a mark of 50% overall is not achieved, a re-take session ($30.00 CDN) can be arranged by contacting email@example.com.
Thank you, and please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on http://www.globaltesol.com/forum/General to post a question in the Forums.