How to Complete Your Online Course

1 message, no reply - 7638 views Feed-icon
Please read the following carefully for information about accessing your online course material and final exams:

Note: Students who took (or will take) their Foundation Course in-class do not need to access Foundation Course materials online; in-class students only complete Specialization Courses online.

To access your online course material:

a) Go to www.globaltesol.com
b) Click on "My Account" and sign in with your password
c) Choose 'My Page'. On the right side of the screen you will see the "Course Material" option. Simply click on this link to view instructions and content for your courses.

Important Note:

Some courses in the new format include assignments. The assignments for all courses, including the Foundation Course, are not mandatory. They are to be used for personal development and as preparation for the online exam. To complete the Foundation Course and any Specialization Course and receive a certificate, you need only complete the online exam with a score of 50% or greater.

Q: How do I study my courses online and how should I prepare for the exam?

A: Course material is viewed topic by topic, and is like opening a new web page for each new heading. Sometimes clicking on a topic will open a page with text for reading; other topics open short videos or optional assignments and quizzes. As you work through any course, read topics in the order in which they are presented (since some topics build on previous ones). Take notes as you read through the course and complete the practical (optional) assignments to prepare for the exam. When you are ready to take a Final Exam, you can refer to your notes and assignments.

Accessing Your Final Exams

When you have reached the end of the readings and activities for any course, the next step is to set aside some time to take the Online Final Exam to complete your course. Your exam results are received by Global TESOL College within 48 hours and you will be emailed your results and the status of your certificate. Please do not call or email after finishing exams unless you have not been notified by email within 48 hours.

The exams consist of a combination of either multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, or true or false questions. They are timed exams (see individual exams for details).

Please read the following to access any exam:

1. Go to www.globaltesol.com
2. Click on "My Account" and sign in with your password
3. Choose 'My Page'. You will see 'Exam Center' on the right side of the screen.
4. When you are ready to take the exam, click on 'Exam Centre' and the specific exam tab to open it.
5. If you experience a service disruption (e.g. power outage) you need to apply for a re-take session. This can be arranged by contacting Global TESOL College at academic@globaltesol.com
6. The passing mark is 50%, and is calculated from the combined marks of all sections. If a mark of 50% overall is not achieved, a re-take session ($30.00 CDN) can be arranged by contacting academic@globaltesol.com.

Thank you, and please email academic@globaltesol.com or click on http://www.globaltesol.com/forum/General to post a question in the Forums.