question about length of time permitted for specialization courses

12 messages - 10042 views Feed-icon
Hi,

I took the TESOL certification course in your Toronto office four years ago. I have had a job change since then and bought a new condo so have been super-busy the last few years and never did the two specialization courses.

I am now interested in getting back into learning about teaching English as a second language and really want to do these courses.

Is it too late to do them? I remember the instructor saying we could do them whenever we wanted, but four years later? I still have all the study materials with me.....

Please let me know asap.

Thanks!
Diana Pereira
TESOL graduate, 2004
Hello Diana,

you are welcome to finish your program. We like to encourage you to get certified and refresh and/or expand your knowledge of teaching English overseas. You as well have the opportunity to upgrade to a Diploma Program or to choose new specialization courses which would give you a new variety of teaching English.

I left a message by phone for you. Please call me in the Head Office 1-888-270-2941.

Regards,
Marthe
Administration, Global TESOL College

Hi Diana - I am in charge of the Toronto office for Global Tesol and have answered this type of question several times in the past few weeks! Marthe's suggestion of upgrading to a diploma is a great way to expand previous knowledge base with current thinking. Certainly if you were interested in even trying to do some teaching in Toronto to integrate theory and practicum, let me know. We have direct placements in public as well as private schools. You may email me at toronto@globaltesol.com or call 416-670-4281.

Regards,
Jim
Ontario Director of Admissions
Hello,

I'm in the same boat as Diana! I graduated in 2004 as well, and I've been so busy with everything, that I had forgot all about my specialization course!

I have sent an email to Global Admin, I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

Bill Brown
I am also in the same boat. How do you sign up for one of those specialization courses if you never did yours, and do you have to pay again.

Thanks,
Lauren Plouffe
I to did not finish my specialization courses and have the books but had signed up on line for them but am unable to navigate to them or are they just not there for me
thanks
Debbie Bachman
HI, HAVE NOT FINISHED MY SPECIALIZATION BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHY I AM NOT ABLE TO SIGN IN ANYMORE. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
THANKS
ELENA VILLA
Hi Diana!

Anyone who has not completed their specialization within 6 months of the start of the Foundation course needs to be re-activated and pays a re-activation fee. If the file has been non-active for over a year, then there is an additional file re-activation fee. If you took the course in Western Canada (i.e. Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg) then contact the Edmonton Office for assistance (info@globaltesol.com) and Victor will process your re-activation and get you going into an amazing market place waiting for teachers. If you trained in Eastern Canada (i.e. Toronto, Newmarket, Ottawa, Montreal, Hamilton) then contact the Toronto Administration Office for assistance (toronto@globaltesol.com) and Kat will process your re-activation. Please email me should you have any questions! Nest wishes, Jim
Hey Jim! I'm in the same boat as a few of the others on this thread. The online portion (including course material & exam) is still available to me.
Will I still have to pay the activation fee? If so, how much is it?

Thanks!

Tesol Grad, March 2012 - Toronto
I graduated 2 weeks ago and between the website issue and login issues I am unable to complete the specialization. Is there another way to complete the specialization?