Teaching in Japan

1 message, no reply - 2479 views Feed-icon
Hi!

There is a way around the degree situation in Japan (legally), but it is tricker. You can get a holiday work visa if you are under 30 and have a genuine interest in the language and the culture of Japan, not just making money.

It is harder to get a job this way, but not impossible by any means. Many of my grads are overseas now teaching on this visa.

As for not being able to find jobs in the countries you listed, have you tried posting your resume online? THat is a sure way to get a job very quickly. I am very surprised that you are having such a hard time in countries with a huge demand!

Be sure to contact Lindsay, she has a TON of jobs in that area of the world!

I am sure you will both find something soon!

Andrea

>
> >
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I am a recent graduate from Global TESOL College Canada and I would very much like to teach in Japan for the summer and perhaps even into the fall. I am a first year university student and I've been apllying practically everywhere with little success. I'm getting discouraged and I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong. I'm in the process of getting my holiday working VISA and I'm learning Japanese...is there something I'm lacking? Any help would be great...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tommie
> >
>