Fresh Tesol Graduate looking for work in Latin America

4 messages - 2857 views Feed-icon
Hello, My name is Tristan. I am currently having a difficult time to find work in Latin America. I am a recent graduate of the Tesol Diploma (360hrs). I however am at a disadvantage in the area of possessing a Bachelor's Degree. I am currently seeking help to find a placement in Latin America. Any help would be gratefully appreciated! Thank you!
Hi Tristan,

I am currently living in Panama, not teaching English right now, but would feel confident finding a job quite easily. Although it depends where exactly you want to go, from my experience, most employers usually expect you to be in Latin America/the city you want to teach in before hiring. It could be quite difficult to secure employment before arrival. You would usually be responsible for travel costs, accommodations, etc. Wages are usually enough to live, but not necessarily save a lot. Do some research of language schools online for a contact starting point and apply :)

Hope this helps!
Hi Tristan,

I am currently living in Panama, not teaching English right now, but would feel confident finding a job quite easily. Although it depends where exactly you want to go, from my experience, most employers usually expect you to be in Latin America/the city you want to teach in before hiring. It could be quite difficult to secure employment before arrival. You would usually be responsible for travel costs, accommodations, etc. Wages are usually enough to live, but not necessarily save a lot. Do some research of language schools online for a contact starting point and apply :)

Hope this helps!
Hi Tristan,

Hope this helps!