Warning (and some tips) International School Gothenburg

4 messages - 4164 views Feed-icon
Hello everyone!
I would like to share my experience with you because there are a lot of people here who are new to all this and my story might help.

First of all, the advert for the International School of Gothenburg Region posted here on March 11 is a scam. The school does exist, but it's not the school that posted the advert. Anyway, I won't bother you with the details of my story, here's the link where you can see what happened with a school in Norway, this thing with Sweden was practically identical.
http://www.internationalschoolsreview.com/nonmembers/internat_scams.htm

I know that Global TESOL can't check every single job advert posted here so my advice to you is to ALWAYS check with the school.

If you read the article, you'll probably think that those people were so naive and that things like that couldn't happen to you. Now, I'm proud to say that they didn't get any money from me, but I also need to say that I'm usually not very trustful and that I am a bit paranoid. Still, they were able to fool me, at least in the beginning. How, you might ask.

Well, first of all, I had no reason to doubt the authenticity of the advert. Then the interview questions - they were well prepared and exactly the questions one might ask if looking for a teacher. I had no reason to doubt anything until I read absoultely everything on the official school website and noticed different domain names and then I did some online research, contacted the school and that's it.

I'm not giving up on looking for jobs and you shouldn't either, I just wanted to share my experience with you and ask you to be very careful. Learn from other people's mistakes.
Sorry, I meant to say I'm not usually very trusting, not trustful.
Hi,

I would also like to inform you all, that you need to check adds when you apply for jobs in China on Global Tesol page. Later I found out that some of companies, agents, agencies, e-mails that they use are on black list. So this is page where you can check black list for China. But this adds are not only on Global Tesol page, you can find them on others. http://www.chinaforeignteachersunion.org/2012/12/china-foreign-teachers-union-posts-esl.html
When I get reply on my e-mail, sentence was where are you? so I checked them and found them on black list, name is Fenny Perlandas, PELCC. I spoke with this one Zhirui Interaction International Culture Exchange Co.,Ltd and they offer bad contracts and I also found them later on Internet with bad background. So check all of them.
Hi,

I would also like to inform you all, that you need to check adds when you apply for jobs in China on Global Tesol page. Later I found out that some of companies, agents, agencies, e-mails that they use are on black list. So this is page where you can check black list for China. But this adds are not only on Global Tesol page, you can find them on others. http://www.chinaforeignteachersunion.org/2012/12/china-foreign-teachers-union-posts-esl.html
When I get reply on my e-mail, sentence was where are you? so I checked them and found them on black list, name is Fenny Perlandas, PELCC. I spoke with this one Zhirui Interaction International Culture Exchange Co.,Ltd and they offer bad contracts and I also found them later on Internet with bad background. So check all of them.