Spent 2 years teaching in the UK -- where next? Looking for advice/opinions/ideas :)

3 messages - 2771 views Feed-icon
Hi everyone - I spent two years teaching at an academy in England - if anyone has any questions about the UK system/Ofsted/academies/grammar schools, please don't be shy to ask!

I am now ready to leave this land of constant observation, constant teacher scrutiny, and constant data entry for a better land!

Although I've been teaching English Language Arts and French (yes, French), I would love to teach ESL somewhere warm and beautiful.

I've been looking at Spain, Italy, and Germany (which isn't warm, but still).

Any suggestions about where to teach? Please let me know. It would be great to share stories and experiences with others.

If anyone wants to grab a coffee in London sometime, I'd love to make local ESL teacher friends ;)

Kind regards,
Andrew
Hey Andrew

I am looking into teaching in London for a bit.
I got asked to work there as supply teacher for now then make connections. Is it worth it?

How much are the living expenses usually? I would ideally like to save up some money too.

Have you tried applying for HK/ Australia? I loved to go to Aussie land someday. :)

Cheers,

Ada
Hey Andrew

I am looking into teaching in London for a bit.
I got asked to work there as supply teacher for now then make connections. Is it worth it?

How much are the living expenses usually? I would ideally like to save up some money too.

Have you tried applying for HK/ Australia? I loved to go to Aussie land someday. :)

Cheers,

Ada